The Rooms Volunteer Application Form
THE ROOMS VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM
As a Cultural Ambassador volunteer at The Rooms, you will showcase Newfoundland and Labrador’s authentic culture and heritage to the world. You will bring unique NL experiences to life. You will ensure visitors leave with a smile in their heart and a story on their tongue. #onlyattherooms
CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS OF BEING A CULTURAL AMBASSADOR VOLUNTEER
By applying to become a volunteer for The Rooms, you acknowledge and agree with the following:
CONDITIONS OF VOLUNTEERING
- A minimum contribution of 30 hours of volunteer service will be required between June and September
- Volunteers are required to wear The Rooms volunteer uniform, as provided by The Rooms
- Authorization for The Rooms to conduct an RNC Criminal Records Screening at no cost to you. The process will require two pieces of valid identification, one of which must be government-issued and has your name, date of birth, signature and photo.
- Authorization for photographs/video that include you to be taken and used by The Rooms.
- We will use email to communicate with volunteers. Please provide your email address when applying through this volunteer system. You will also need to adjust your privacy settings on your email account to allow the receipt of emails from us.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Upon completion of the minimum 30 hours you will receive a Household Membership for The Rooms which includes but is not limited to:
- Unlimited visitation
- 10% discount on ticketed programs, workshops and events
- 10% discount at The Rooms Café
- 10% discount at The Rooms Gift Shop
- Lifetime Archives Researcher Registration
- Free parking, as available
- Formal training, including Customer Service and Cultural Experiences
- Meet new people and make new friends
I have read, understood, and agree to the Conditions and Benefits of Volunteering above