Some new experiences to keep everyone safer:
We look forward to welcoming you back!
We are so pleased to be open and can’t wait to see you. Join us to celebrate The Rooms 15th Anniversary. What a milestone!
Our team has taken great lengths to ensure you have a safe visit to The Rooms.
Come reconnect in this big, beautiful space – there’s so much room at The Rooms!
Before visiting, ask yourself:
- Am I experiencing symptoms such as a fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
- Have I experienced any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have I travelled or been in contact with anyone who has travelled outside the Atlantic Provinces in the last 14 days?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we ask that you wait and visit us later.
For your safety:
- We recommend that you bring and wear your own mask.
- If you need a wheelchair or stroller, please bring your own.
- We are issuing timed tickets to limit numbers of visitors in our building. Timed admission lists when your visit starts. There is no limit on the duration of your visit but after two hours, we ask that you remember others may be waiting to come in.
- Plexi barriers have been installed at our cash points.
- We have enhanced cleaning protocols, including increased cleaning of handrails, door handles, elevators and other high traffic surfaces using industry-approved, disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer has been installed on all floors.
- We have added directional signs and signs to encourage social distancing and handwashing.
- We have closed interactive experiences and turned off touch screens.
What we ask of you:
- Please check-in at our Admissions Desk before proceeding.
- We reserve the right to bag checks. We ask that you leave large bags at home or in your vehicle.
- Large bags are not permitted in the galleries, lockers are available at the Visitors Services desk.
- The capacity for our cloak room is one person or one bubble at a time.
- Please use our touchless pay options.
- We are no longer issuing admission tags. Your receipt will be your ticket.
- You will notice directional arrows and signage throughout the building, we appreciate your cooperation in observing these.
- As you make your way throughout the building you will notice many areas where we have plenty of room, but there will be times where we request that you yield and stand back to allow for safe passage in narrow areas.
- If you are visiting as a bubble please stay together with your bubble as you make your way throughout the building.
- Our elevators are one person or one bubble at a time (maximum 4 people) – please ensure you leave plenty of room for people exiting the elevator.
- We have installed occupancy signage at the entrance to our washrooms. We are admitting one person per washroom at a time. Please wait for the washroom to be vacant before proceeding into the washroom.
- Don’t forget to continue to practice good hand hygiene.
For your information:
- The Rooms is open to the public for regular summer hours.
- Our café, theatre, and Archives Reference Room remain closed for now. Check our website for updates.
- Watch for upcoming programs held outdoors in our Fortis Courtyard and Amphitheatre.
- Indoor programs may be offered at a future date.
- There is a maximum limit of 50 people for outdoor gatherings and we will be adhering to this limit.
We are working on making our building safe for you, your patience is appreciated during this time.