Before visiting, ask yourself:
- Am I experiencing symptoms such as a fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
- Have I experienced any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have I travelled or been in contact with anyone who has travelled in the last 14 days?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we ask that you wait and visit us later.
For your safety:
- Visitors must wear non-medical masks inside The Rooms,- For information about requirements and exceptions, see the following resources: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/non-medical-masks-use-in-public/
- If you need a wheelchair or stroller, please bring your own.
- Plexi barriers have been installed at our cash points.
- We have enhanced cleaning protocols, including increased cleaning of handrails, door handles, elevators and other high traffic surfaces using industry-approved, disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer has been installed on all floors and at entrances to galleries.
- We have added directional signage and signs to encourage physical distancing and handwashing.
- We have closed physical interactive experiences.
What we ask of you:
- Please check-in at our Admissions Desk before proceeding.
- We reserve the right to check bags. We ask that you leave large bags at home or in your vehicle.
- Large bags are not permitted in the galleries, lockers are available at the Visitors Services desk.
- The capacity for our cloak room is one person or one bubble at a time.
- Please use our touchless pay options.
- We are no longer issuing admission tags. Your receipt will be your ticket.
- You will notice directional arrows and signage throughout the building, we appreciate your cooperation in observing these.
- As you make your way throughout the building you will notice many areas where we have plenty of room, but there will be times where we request that you yield and stand back to allow for safe passage in narrow areas.
- If you are visiting as a bubble please stay together with your bubble as you make your way throughout the building.
- Our elevators are one person or one bubble at a time (maximum 4 people) – please ensure you leave plenty of room for people exiting the elevator.
- We have installed occupancy signage at the entrance to our washrooms. We are admitting one person per washroom at a time. Please wait for the washroom to be vacant before proceeding into the washroom.
- Don’t forget to continue to practice good hand hygiene.
For your information:
- The Rooms is open to the public for regular winter hours.
- The Archives Reference Rooms is open for appointments. Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (709) 757-8088 to book an appointment.
- The Rooms Café is closed until further notice.
- Indoor programs may be offered at a future date.
How we will notify you of further updates:
We will post all cancellation and closure information on The Rooms website www.therooms.ca as well as on The Rooms Facebook, Instagram Pages and on Twitter.
We are working on making our building safe for you, your patience is appreciated during this time.
Update from The Rooms CEO - March 11, 2021
Update from The Rooms CEO - February 16, 2021