Some new experiences to keep everyone safer:
The Rooms would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has visited our building since our reopening on June 29th. We are pleased to report that our safety protocols have been followed successfully.
Thanks to your ongoing cooperation, as of September 1, we are able to move from timed ticketing back to our regular admission system. Admission can still be purchased online, but your admission will now be valid for any time The Rooms is open. We are still requiring physical distancing and now mandatory masks, as per recommended government protocols.
Our team has taken great lengths to ensure you have a safe visit to The Rooms.
Come reconnect in this big, beautiful space – there’s so much room at The Rooms!
Before visiting, ask yourself:
- Am I experiencing symptoms such as a fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
- Have I experienced any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have I travelled or been in contact with anyone who has travelled outside the Atlantic Provinces in the last 14 days?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we ask that you wait and visit us later.
For your safety:
- Visitors must wear non-medical masks inside The Rooms, unless seated in the Café. For information about requirements and exceptions, see the following resources: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/non-medical-masks-use-in-public/
- If you need a wheelchair or stroller, please bring your own.
- We are issuing timed tickets to limit numbers of visitors in our building. Timed admission lists when your visit starts. There is no limit on the duration of your visit but after two hours, we ask that you remember others may be waiting to come in. Please note: As of September 1, we will be moving from timed ticketing back to our regular admission system. We are still requiring social distancing and now mandatory masks, as per recommended government protocols.
- Plexi barriers have been installed at our cash points.
- We have enhanced cleaning protocols, including increased cleaning of handrails, door handles, elevators and other high traffic surfaces using industry-approved, disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer has been installed on all floors.
- We have added directional signs and signs to encourage physical distancing and handwashing.
- We have closed interactive experiences and turned off touch screens.
What we ask of you:
- Please check-in at our Admissions Desk before proceeding.
- We reserve the right to bag checks. We ask that you leave large bags at home or in your vehicle.
- Large bags are not permitted in the galleries, lockers are available at the Visitors Services desk.
- The capacity for our cloak room is one person or one bubble at a time.
- Please use our touchless pay options.
- We are no longer issuing admission tags. Your receipt will be your ticket.
- You will notice directional arrows and signage throughout the building, we appreciate your cooperation in observing these.
- As you make your way throughout the building you will notice many areas where we have plenty of room, but there will be times where we request that you yield and stand back to allow for safe passage in narrow areas.
- If you are visiting as a bubble please stay together with your bubble as you make your way throughout the building.
- Our elevators are one person or one bubble at a time (maximum 4 people) – please ensure you leave plenty of room for people exiting the elevator.
- We have installed occupancy signage at the entrance to our washrooms. We are admitting one person per washroom at a time. Please wait for the washroom to be vacant before proceeding into the washroom.
- Don’t forget to continue to practice good hand hygiene.
For your information:
The Rooms is open to the public for regular summer hours.
Bubble Tours are now available, call ahead to book a private tour for your bubble when planning your next visit; same day reservations are unavailable. Call 757-8091, Monday to Friday to book your tour. For more information visit https://www.therooms.ca/bubble-tours-now-available
Our café is now open.
The Archives Reference Rooms is available by appointment. Researchers wishing to view records at the Archives should contact us by email at email@example.com or call (709) 757-8088 to book an appointment. For more information visit https://www.therooms.ca/the-rooms-provincial-archives-re-opening-informa....
Watch for upcoming programs held outdoors in our Fortis Courtyard and Amphitheatre.
Indoor programs may be offered at a future date.
There is a maximum limit of 50 people for outdoor gatherings and we will be adhering to this limit.
We are working on making our building safe for you, your patience is appreciated during this time.