As of October 22, 2021 visitors will be required to show proof of Vaccination to enter The Rooms.
HOW IT WILL WORK AT THE ROOMS:
- Security will ask you for proof of vaccination at the main door of The Rooms.
- They will scan your Vaccination Record QR Code using NLVaxVerify from your phone (NLVaxPass) or a paper copy.
- You will provide a photo ID (19+) or valid ID for those 12 – 18 years of age (MCP or Birth Certificate) to confirm identification. For a full list of accepted photo IDs for 19+ please visit: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/life-during-covid-19/vaccination-record/citizens/
- If a green screen is shown (COVID-19 Vaccination Status Met), you will be permitted to enter The Rooms. If a red screen is shown (COVID-19 Vaccination Status NOT Met), entry will not be permitted.
Getting your #NLVaxPass is easy! Visit http://gov.nl.ca/.../life.../vaccination-record/citizens for all the details.
The app is free and available in the App Store or Google Play Store to download on a smartphone or tablet.
Apple Devices: http://apps.apple.com/ca/app/nlvaxpass/id1587967358
Android Devices: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details...
Request a copy by phone
Please contact 1-833-951-3859 to request a paper copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record. You will need to provide your MCP card information to process the request.
Visit a Newfoundland and Labrador Public Library
Please visit a local library to print a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record. Also, you can present your MCP card to a staff member to receive assistance.
For non-residents without a COVID-19 Vaccination Record QR Code, security will perform a visual verification of your official vaccination record from your home province, territory or country. This can be provided electronically or a paper copy. Make you’re your name and vaccination details are visible.
Fully Vaccinated includes:
- For the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccines, there must be two doses on the vaccination record.
- For the Janssen vaccine, there must be one dose on the vaccination record.
- You are also considered fully vaccinated if you received one or two doses of a non-Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, followed by one dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), and at least two weeks has passed since the mRNA dose.
The date of administration of the final dose must be at least 14 days prior to the date you are seeking access to The Rooms to be permitted entry.
Before visiting, ask yourself:
- Am I experiencing symptoms such as a fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
- Have I experienced any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we ask that you wait and visit us later.
For your safety:
- Vistors are required to wear Non-medical masks during their visit inside The Rooms,- For information about requirements and exceptions, see the following resource: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/together-again/.
- The Rooms Café and Gift Shop are operating at 50% capacity.
- If you need a wheelchair or stroller, please bring your own.
- Plexi barriers have been installed at our cash points.
- We have enhanced cleaning protocols, including increased cleaning of handrails, door handles, elevators and other high traffic surfaces using industry-approved, disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer has been installed on all floors and at entrances to galleries.
What we ask of you:
- Please check-in at our Admissions Desk before proceeding.
- We reserve the right to check bags. We ask that you leave large bags at home or in your vehicle.
- Large bags are not permitted in the galleries, lockers are available at the Visitors Services desk.
- The capacity for our cloak room is one person or one bubble at a time.
- Please use our touchless pay options.
- As you make your way throughout the building you will notice many areas where we have plenty of room, but there will be times where we request that you yield and stand back to allow for safe passage in narrow areas.
- If you are visiting as a bubble please stay together with your bubble as you make your way throughout the building.
- Our elevators are one person or one bubble at a time (maximum 4 people) – please ensure you leave plenty of room for people exiting the elevator.
- We have installed occupancy signage at the entrance to our washrooms. We are admitting one person per washroom at a time. Please wait for the washroom to be vacant before proceeding into the washroom.
- Don’t forget to continue to practice good hand hygiene.
For your information:
- The Rooms is open to the public for fall/winter hours.
- The Archives Reference Rooms is open for appointments. Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (709) 757-8088 to book an appointment.
How we will notify you of further updates:
We will post all cancellation and closure information on The Rooms website www.therooms.ca as well as on The Rooms Facebook, Instagram Pages and on Twitter.
We are working on making our building safe for you, your patience is appreciated during this time.
Update from The Rooms CEO - March 11, 2021
Update from The Rooms CEO - February 16, 2021